Home » Other » General » Tool for ER-Like Diagram (Oracle DB 11.2.0.1)
icon5.gif  Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604723] Fri, 03 January 2014 07:58 Go to next message
suddhasatwa_oracle
Hello All,

I have two schemas A and B. Both are on same database running on Oracle 11.2.0.1. I have 3 tables in A from where I am loading data into B into one table. To do so I am using a simple SQL Query. After providing all the grants and after creating the required synonyms, I am able to run the query and it is inserting the correct records into the target table in B.
Now, I would like to generate a diagram of this operation. I am in serious need of a easy to use tool which can be used to create a diagram showing this data flow with details like which columns are getting selected from A to B by my SQL Query.

Kindly advice if there are any such tools available.

For any queries, kindly reply.

Best Regards,
Suddhasatwa

[Updated on: Fri, 03 January 2014 07:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604724 is a reply to message #604723] Fri, 03 January 2014 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Kindly advice if there are any such tools available.
I am not aware of any such tool.

said SQL does not have to reside within the database & even if it did reside within the database said tool would have to parse every SQL in order to produce desired results.
Re: Tool for ER-Like Diagram [message #604898 is a reply to message #604724] Sun, 05 January 2014 20:24 Go to previous message
rleishman
Oracle's SQL Developer Data Modeller apparently has some kind of Data Flow Diagram capability. I have not looked into it yet myself, but from what I have read it sounds appropriate, although I doubt it would display at the column level. You could reverse engineer the tables into the model and then create the data flow manually. Try it out.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/datamodeler/downloads/datamodeler-087275.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomen

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: SAP Training in Chennai
Next Topic: login and password forgotten in oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:42:23 CDT 2024