Home » Other » General » ADBA vs Apps DBA (Oracle)
icon2.gif  ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584349] Mon, 13 May 2013 04:39 Go to next message
Sham.Afrith
Dear All,

Can Anyone Clarify that what is the difference between (ADBA) Application Database Administrator and Applications Database Administrator (APPS DBA). how they difference from their Responsibility? and which one is higher from Payee and others? Thanks in Advance.
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584353 is a reply to message #584349] Mon, 13 May 2013 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Well, it seems clear: the Application Database Administrator manages one application, the Applications Database Administrator manages several applications. Therefore the latter will be paid more.
But seriously, the question is meaningless. Every organization invents its own terms.
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584374 is a reply to message #584353] Mon, 13 May 2013 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sham.Afrith
Many Thanks John, Please Explain various jobs list in oracle, Example : Ware House Builder, PL/SQL Developer, Database Administrator, Application Developer, i search in web, but can't get exactly. but i can't get. easy, clearly say i would like to enter oracle. i got there are many areas in oracle. some of them may getting outdated. so i want to be current trend. each and every application having new technologies, and outdated too. so what is new in oracle. employers highly searching whom? Path should be challenging. i know that only gives better pay. if answer is - Database Administrator then initially i have to learn installing oracle, applying patches, upgrading, know how to contact oracle for support, ect,. Please Advise the same For Your Suggestion with job title, and ways to get.
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584376 is a reply to message #584374] Mon, 13 May 2013 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
the question is meaningless. Every organization invents its own terms.

Note that if your sole motivation is money, you are entering the wrong profession. In IT, you need to gain satisfaction from your work, not from the salary.
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584403 is a reply to message #584376] Tue, 14 May 2013 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sham.Afrith
John Watson wrote on Mon, 13 May 2013 19:43

Note that if your sole motivation is money, you are entering the wrong profession.

John Smile , I don't get You How You think I am Only Money Motivated? And Why Not as a money motivated? All are Money Motivated But The Cleaver One Is Upgrading Themselves to Better Technology. Me to Same, I want to earn money But With Better technology. Better Technologies are always tough. I want to work hard. If any interviewer ask the Question Which One is Important ? Money or Work. How you answer that, you cant say only work or money, If You Say Money then Your are Selfish. If Your Answer is Work Then You are Clearly Acting Fake. Then Why You need to Work in IT. You May Work in Some Social Services. both are important, the deal is money vs work. See in a market speech is IT One of Richest Industry.

John Watson wrote on Mon, 13 May 2013 19:43

In IT, you need to gain satisfaction from your work, not from the salary.

You Have to Understand I Want to earn Money, but not by an Computer Operator. that meant I Don't wish to Cheat a employer by MS Office & Windows 98. and I Know and the employer are not foolish people. I am Looking For an Challenging Area. Because I am ready to work hard and get that tough target in long term. I would like to dedicate My For Future Best Target. The Target Should not be outdated. that should be in current trend.

I Saw the Forum the person said he is working in reports & forms that is getting outdated. So My Target should not be Form & Reports. so I Think which is current and valuable. Once again say the valuable is not only money, that is technology.
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584405 is a reply to message #584403] Tue, 14 May 2013 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
All are Money Motivated

I am not and never was.
As John said in IT domain you must be work satisfaction motivated as you'll will earn so much money with this kind of job.

Regards
Michel
Re: ADBA vs Apps DBA [message #584406 is a reply to message #584405] Tue, 14 May 2013 01:09 Go to previous message
Sham.Afrith
Michel Cadot wrote on Tue, 14 May 2013 12:24
Quote:
All are Money Motivated

I am not and never was.
As John said in IT domain you must be work satisfaction motivated as you'll will earn so much money with this kind of job.

Regards
Michel

Michel You Might Have Enough Money by born. Otherwise Your Commitment May quite Low. So You didn't. Yes, I Need to Work for an Employer and satisfy them. But I Need just a target. If Michel Suggests me as to be a farmer then, his advise should be, first of all learn all about the seeds. and dependent fertilizer to use. and drugs to anti forms all.

Well I Got an Idea,
Michel & John as a employer or senior Employee or interviewer for the post of PL/SQL Developer, your interview questions from which all parts. PL/SQL Developer What he have to know.
Previous Topic: Question about what the content should be for a database standards document
Next Topic: Download of Oracle 10g Server Edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:37:17 CDT 2024