Home » Other » General » Repository for scripts (Windows)
Repository for scripts [message #581299] Thu, 04 April 2013 05:19 Go to next message
pointers
Hi,

I wanted to have a simple centralized repository to maintain the oracle frequently used scripts, documents, references.

I thought of creating a url in the excel for each topic and then insert a text file object for each topic, so i feel this helps to have a centric approach and quick find -- I will store the objects in the excel so that it can be moved easily.

Ofcourse, each have there own comfort style,could you please share anythoughts how you generally maintian it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Pointers
Re: Repository for scripts [message #581317 is a reply to message #581299] Thu, 04 April 2013 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Why don't you just use one of the many versioning tool you can find on the web?

Regards
Michel
Re: Repository for scripts [message #581321 is a reply to message #581317] Thu, 04 April 2013 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pointers
Hi Micheal,

Its not for any official purpose, not for project, just the things for a quick reference. The things include may be how to gather stats in different modes etc, how to monitor tablespace etc...

Regards,
Pointers
Re: Repository for scripts [message #581330 is a reply to message #581321] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:42 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>I will store the objects in the excel so that it can be moved easily.
when you only tool is a hammer, then every problem is treated as though is is a nail.

Storing scripts inside EXCEL makes as much sense as using a hammer to divide a board into two pieces.
Previous Topic: My Oracle Support
Next Topic: Oracle containers and Licencing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:44:25 CDT 2024