Home » Other » General » Barcode code label making
Barcode code label making [message #442867] Thu, 11 February 2010 01:30 Go to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Hi everyone

i want to make barcode for my product. what standard should i adopt to make barcode label. whether i user product code only or some others factors necessary.

Regards

Athar
Re: Barcode code label making [message #442879 is a reply to message #442867] Thu, 11 February 2010 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is entirely up to you; code whatever information you want.

Note that 1D barcode is simpler (lines) but contains less information. 2D barcode, on the other hand, takes less place and contains much more information. Keep in mind that, if you choose 2D barcode, you have to purchase barcode scanners that are capable of reading such a code. 1D scanners can NOT read 2D barcode (while 2D reads 1D).
Re: Barcode code label making [message #442908 is a reply to message #442879] Thu, 11 February 2010 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
To consider:

Is the barcode only used internally by your own company? Then you could use whatever you like. The barcode type then would depend on How much data you want to encode, and if you need only numbers or numbers and letters in the barcode.

Or is it really a barcode for a "product" that has to work for example with scanners at a point of sale? Then you would have to use EAN13 and use a Global Trade Item Number

There are some standards, for example the EAN13 for Products, or EAN128 for Serial Shipping Container Codes (SSCC), etc....

I would definitely use the preferred "standard" barcode for the specific case whenever possible.

Re: Barcode code label making [message #442925 is a reply to message #442867] Thu, 11 February 2010 06:54 Go to previous message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot for both replies.

Regards

Athar

Previous Topic: connection problem with database
Next Topic: Database Change Control Process / Tracking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:26:00 CDT 2024